Is a Greek Revival style home which was probably constructed in 1840. In 1870 Jeremiah Van Derventer enlarged and remodeled the home in the Second Empire style, adding a mansard roofed third story. Van Derventer was a successful businessman who served as president of Plainfield's gas company. The early 20th century home was again enlarged, this time by Van Derventer's grandson, Augustus J. Brunson. In this remodeling, Colonial Revival fireplaces and features were introduced. The site, owned by North Plainfield and operated by the Friends of the Vermeule Mansion, currently houses the Fleetwood Museum of Art and Photographica.